Accuphase E270 Integrated Amplifier
Music can be soothing, exciting, exhilarating. It can move our hearts and enrich our lives, Accuphase gives you all of these emotions and more through their audio technology. So there was no hesitation when we had a chance to become a Accuphase Dealer, we are so proud to offer their complete range of Hi-Fi Products. If you have never heard a Accuphase amplifier we at Doug Brady's invite you to book a demonstration, theses amplifiers simply stunning.
The Accuphase E270 is the gateway into the Accuphase sound it has their revolutionary AA V A volume control. A power amplifier section featuring high power transistors in parallel push-pull configuration, complemented by a robust power supply and low impedance output stage. 120 watts of quality power into 4 ohms, with a damping factor of 400. Current feedback amplifier topology assures excellent phase characteristics in the high range, and instrumentation amplifier principle enables fully balanced signal paths. Power MOS-FET switches in the protection circuitry eliminate the need for mechanical contacts.
AAVA volume control with further lowered noise floor
The volume control in the preamplifier section is a crucial component with a decisive influence on performance and sound quality. AAVA is a revolutionary type of completely analog volume control that completely does away with any variable resistors in the signal path. This ensures that the signal remains perfectly unaltered, free from the adverse effects of impedance changes. As a result, both S/N ratio and sound quality are excellent at any volume setting.
- Configuration with a total of 18 V-I converter amplifiers, paralleled for upper two units, reduces overall AAVA impedance to one half and results in lower noise. Input stage with five buffer amplifiers ensures powerful drive capability.
- No more left/right tracking differences or crosstalk.
- Attenuator and balance control also implemented by AAVA, eliminating
- Operation feel is exactly the same as a conventional volume control, and remote control is also possible.
- Combination of 16 types of weighted V-I converter amplifiers gives 65,536 possible volume steps.
- Volume level can be displayed accurately as a numeric indication.
- MC/MM switching is possible on the front panel of the enabled device.
- Internal DIP switches control MC input impedance and subsonic filter on/off.
- Subsonic Filter: 25Hz - 12db / octave
|MC :||Moving Coil type|
|Gain :||66 dB|
|Input Impedance :||30/100/300 ohms (selectable)|
|MM :||Moving Magnet type|
|Gain :||40 dB|
|Input Impedance :||47 kilohms|
|Switch Position||Sensitivity||Frequency Response
|S/N ratio (EIA)|
- An automatic change of the coax input / optical fiber /USB input
- Automatic recognition of number of sampling frequency /bit /MHz de-emphasis
- USB ：USB 2.0 High Speed （480Mbps） compliant
：Sampling frequency DSD/2.8224MHz,5.6448MHz,11.2896MHz(1bit)
- OPTICAL：JEITA CP-1212 compliant
：Sampling frequency 32kHz～96kHz, 24bit
- COAXIAL：IEC 60958/AES-3 compliant
：Sampling frequency 32kHz～192kHz, 24bit
- Protection circuitry employs semiconductor (MOS-FET) switches for low impedance and ex- cellent long-term reliability.
- Two sets of large speaker terminals.
Y lugs and banana plugs are also supported.
- Balanced remote sensing technology provides balanced feedback for both the signal and GND lines from near the speaker terminals to ensure low impedance and high damping factor. Minimiz- ing the amplifier's output impedance results in a damping factor of 400.
- Bi-wiring connection using the two sets of speak- er terminals is supported.
- Analog peak power meters with new LED lighting for improved legibility.
- Versatile array of input options including bal- anced inputs to shut out external noise interfer- ence.
- MAIN IN button and preamplifier output and power amplifier input connectors allow indepen- dent use of both sections.
- Individual phase setting is possible for each input position (with memory). The balanced connectors support both pin 2 ⊕and pin 3 ⊕ configurations.
- Rear panel expansion slot allows the use of option boards.
- Option boards provide additional versatility for digital input (USB, coaxial, optical) handling or analog record playback.
- DAC input selector allows displaying the sam- pling frequency of the digital signal onto which the amplifier has locked.
- With the AD-30 board, MC/MM switching on the front panel is possible.
- Logic-controlled relays for signal switching assure high sound quality and long-term reliability.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier optimized for sound quality.
- "High Carbon" cast iron insulator feet with supe- rior damping characteristics further enhance sound quality.
● Frequency Characteristics HIGH LEVEL INPUT
● Loudness Compensation ● Attenuator S/N Ratio, Input-converted Noise ● Power Level Meters● Load Impedance
● Stereo Headphones● Power Requirements● Power Consumption ● Maximum Dimensions● Mass
Digital (S/PDIF) output Optical fiber cable (up to 96 kHz/24 bit) USB cable (up to 192 kHz/24 bit)
TONE ON/OFF button, BASS/TREBLE
245 watts in accordance with IEC 60065 Width 465 mm (18.3") Height 151 mm (5.9") Depth 420 mm (16.5") 20.0 kg (44. lbs) net
26.0 kg (57.3 lbs) in shipping carton
● AC power cord
● Remote commander RC-230