The Arcam CDS50 plays CD and SACD however utilising the tremendous capabilities of the Arcam CDS50’s superb DAC is the ability play audio files and music streaming service playback. Playback scenarios are handled via a 32-bit Digital-to-Analogue Converter which promises high quality disc rendition while direct provision for computer/file audio has been made via the USB input and RJ45 network connectivity.
So, in addition to the CD and SACD disc formats (also CD-R and CD-RW compatible), the CDS50 supports files from MP3, to FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA and more. The free Arcam MusicLife iOS App allows streaming of music services such as Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer and more. In common with the HAD components, the CDS50 is supplied with a learning programmable remote control.
- Plays all disc formats, including SACD, CD-A, CD-R and CD-RW
- Supports audio file formats including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, OGG, MP3, AAC and WMA
- USB input
- Superb 32-bit DAC built in
- Streaming through the music life app
- Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.002%