Denon PMA-A110 Limited Edition Integrated Amplifier Denon 110-Year Anniversary Series
In 1910, Denon started as the first domestic phonograph manufacturer in Japan
Since then, Denon has created products that combine the highest standards of sound quality and reliability to convey the passion and emotion of music and movies.
To celebrate their 110th anniversary, Denon present four Limited Edition anniversary models that represent the very best of Denon today.
We are proud to bring to you the new, specially crafted, limited edition Denon AVC-A110 AV receiver, PMA-A110 integrated amplifier, DCD-A110 SACD player, and the DL-A110 MC cartridge
The specially crafted PMA-A110 Limited Edition Integrated Amplifier is manufactured at Denon's proud home factory, Shirakawa Audio Works in Shirakawa, Japan.
- Defining audio excellence since 1910: Denon is proud to release our limited edition Anniversary Series silver graphite flagship PMA-A110 Integrated Amplifier.
- Anniversary Edition tuning: All Denon amplifiers boast an exceptional sound signature and this model was specially enhanced by the Denon Sound Master to celebrate our milestone anniversary.
- 160 Watts per channel power output: Maximum performance to drive your favourite loudspeakers.
- Trusted reputation: Includes Certificate of Authenticity signed by Denon’s Head of Engineering and a 5-year, out-of-box warranty.
- 7th Generation Advanced Ultra High Current (UHC)-MOS Single-push-pull circuit power amplifier with Schottky barrier diodes: Enjoy wide bandwidth sound, from deep bass to detailed highs and hear every detail of your favourite songs.
- Rear USB-B input for more audio format options: Hi-Res audio playback up to 384-kHz/32-bit and 11.2-MHz DSD.
- Quad built-in DAC configuration for more audible power: Enjoy higher S/N ratio and audible power with a quadrupled output current from the four DAC per channel parallel configuration. Experience Hi-Res audio playback and enjoy your favourite songs in the highest quality.
- Ultra AL32 Processing for an even smoother musical ride: Ultra AL32 Processing is a unique feature with data interpolation algorithm to achieve high-bit, high-sampling output performance. It is also applicable up to 1.536MHZ of audio data.
- Pure analogue audio reproduction: Set Analog Mode on your PMA-A110 to enjoy your music free from any digital interference.
- Premium performance MM & MC phono equalizer amp: Connect your turntable and enjoy vinyl tracks to the fullest.
- Vibration-resistant design with Direct Mechanical Ground Construction: Listen to music with pristine detail and quality unaffected by your listening environment.
- Thoughtful amplifier design with short signal paths: Hear pure, superior sound with a condensed relay for Source Direct function from the shortest signal path.
- Twin transformer with separate coiled wires for audio and control circuits: Eliminates interference and optimizes sound quality with more power.
- TV-Auto Standby Mode: Simply connect your TV to your PMA-A110 through either its Coaxial or Optical inputs and set to “TV-Auto-Play” to automatically switch your amplifier from music to movies.
High Power 160W Integrated Amplifier
Give your loudspeakers the power they deserve with the Denon PMA-A110 Integrated Amplifier. Engineered to exceed your expectations, the PMA-A110 offers 160 Watts of power-per-channel to always deliver precise and powerful sound. This integrated amplifier offers compatibility with the widest range of speaker types and impedances for exceptional operational stability.
Certificate of Authenticity and 5-Year Warranty
With your purchase of the limited-edition PMA-A110, you will receive a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Denon’s Head of Engineering. You will receive a special, 5-year out-of-box warranty.
High Precision Electrical Controls
The PMA-A110 embraces electrical volume, balance and tone controls while preserving the analogue feeling of operation. Clever engineering offers the feel of an analogue volume knob while an MCU measures the position of the knob and converts that position to control the master volume digitally. This unique mechanism offers a smoother, more linear control of the master volume by adjusting the curve of the analogue volume control in the digital world. The same configuration is also used for Balance and Tone controls.
7th Generation Advanced Ultra High Current MOS Single Push-Pull Circuit
The PMA-A110 features a new generation of Advanced UHC (Ultra High Current)-MOS Single Push-Pull circuit design, which combines with a differential 2-stage amplifier circuit to drive almost any speaker configuration with improved sound quality. To achieve impeccable balance between delicate details of music reproduction and vigor of low frequency sound, the PMA-A110 is capable of delivering a massive current output in a single push-pull configuration to drive even the most demanding speaker and ensure superior linearity in the output stage.
HIGH-GRADE AUDIO COMPONENTS
Denon engineers carefully constructed the amplifier circuit within the PMA-A110 to secure a frequency response of up to 100-kHz during applied use. The volume circuit suppresses noise in the amplifier, achieving high sonic resolution. The PMA-A110 handles a wide, dynamic range of Hi-Res audio sources with tone control and power throughout. In addition, the Quad D/A converter which uses the Burr Brown PCM1795, chip operates in a quadruple configuration for optimal high-grade sound. Each channel has two PCM1795 chips working in a different mode to achieve the highest accuracy and best signal to noise ratio.
USB-DAC SUPPORTING 11.2-MHZ DSD AND 384-KHZ/32-BIT PCM
To accurately synchronize its digital circuits, the PMA-A110 provides a USB-DAC input for Hi-Res audio functions that support Hi-Res up to 11.2-MHz DSD and 384-kHz/32-bit PCM input signals. Crafted with exceptional quality, the DAC suppresses jitter and ensures optimal precision in D/A conversion. In addition, the DSD transmission methods support Wasapi, ASIO native playback and DSD Audio over PCM Frames (DoP). The D/A converter used in the PMA-A110 is the same 384-kHz/32-bit and DSD capable premium DAC used in the DCD-A110 to deliver a clean, high-grade sound.
DAC MASTER CLOCK DESIGN
To accurately synchronize digital circuits and the four audio DACs, the PMA-A110’s Master Clock Design adopts a Dual Low Phase Noise Oscillator which positions the master clock immediately adjacent to the D/A converters (DAC) suppressing jitter and ensuring optimum precision in D/A conversion.
In addition, the quality of the clock, which becomes the reference for semiconductor operation, is extremely important for ensuring that the digital audio circuitry performs at its maximum potential. The PMA-A110 employs a clock oscillator to dramatically reduce phase noise that is can cause displacement of frequencies. The PMA-A110 is further equipped with two clock oscillators, one for each sampling frequency (44.1-kHz and 48-kHz), that can be switched between the frequencies to thoroughly suppress jitter.
DIGITAL ISOLATOR AND PURE ANALOG MODE
Combining the best of both the analogue and digital world, the PMA-A110 is equipped with a high-speed digital isolator circuit between both sections to avoid any interference from the digital world in the analogue domain. The PMA-A110 also features three independent power supplies to ensure complete isolation for each section and avoid any interference. When the PMA-A110 is set to Pure Analog Mode it turns off all digital circuits for the perfectly clear sound reproduction of an analogue input signal. Pure Analog Mode also turns off the fluorescent display, allowing the PMA-A110 to operate as a purely analogue amp (during Pure Analog Mode, USB-B, coaxial digital, and optical digital inputs are disabled) and remove any electrical disturbances that may adversely affect your listening experience.
ROBUST POWER SUPPLY CIRCUITRY
The PMA-A110 is equipped with two transformers that have been mounted facing opposite directions in a leakage cancelling (LC) mount system to cancel mutual influences of magnetic flux, a source of noise, leaking from the transformers. Denon’s new, custom-designed, powerful large-capacity electrolytic capacitors have been used for rectification, and low-loss, low-noise, high-speed Schottky Barrier Diodes were used in the rectifier circuitry. This ensures a sufficient supply of clean current. To achieve a simple and straight circuit configuration, the connection unit between the diode unit and the block capacitor was removed to drastically shorten the current supply line to the power amp. Extremely thick OFC wiring material was used for the power line to reduce impedance.
USB-B, Optical and Coaxial Digital Inputs
The PMA-A110 features a USB-B input to directly connect a computer and supports PCM signal 384-kHz/32-bit and 11.2-MHz DSD. Use the USB-B input to listen to Hi-Res audio recording from an audio source on your computer in native mode. You can also take advantage of three Optical inputs and one Coaxial input which support PCM 192-kHz/24-bit. These digital inputs improve sound quality of your TV audio, Blu-ray, media players, and more.
MM AND MC PHONO EQUALIZER
The PMA-A110 includes a phono input that supports both MM and MC cartridges for complete enjoyment of your entire vinyl collection. The PMA-A110 phono equalizer is a CR type that is superior sonically to the NF type phono equalizer. It is exceptionally stable in the high frequency range and is able to reproduce superior sound especially when a high-quality cartridge like the DL-A110 is used.
6-BLOCK CHASSIS CONFIGURATION & DIRECT MECHANICAL GROUND CONSTRUCTION
Constructed with an aluminium top panel, the PMA-A110 chassis protects the signal circuits from external vibration and eliminates adverse effects of mutual interference among the circuits. It’s configured with six independent blocks that house phono equalizer and input circuitry, volume control circuitry, USB-DAC circuitry, amplification circuitry, power section and the control section. With the power section at the center, solid aluminium feet that support the weight of internal components and heat sinks on both sides, the construction is well-balanced and prevents unwanted vibration.
ULTRA AL32 PROCESSING WITH 384-KHZ/32-BIT SUPPORT
The PMA-A110 is equipped with Ultra AL32 Processing, the latest in analogue waveform reproduction technology from Denon. Ultra AL32 Processing utilizes data interpolation algorithms and supports Hi-Res 192-kHz/24-bit PCM signal input. These algorithms interpolate points that should exist before and after the points in large quantities of data to achieve a smooth waveform that is close to that of the original signal.
These algorithms upsample the bandwidth from the original content, smoothing out the waveform and improving sound reproduction. Ultra AL32 Processing doubles the processing bandwidth from the previous generation upsampling 384-kHz content to 1.536-MHz. By carefully restoring data that was lost during digital recording, the resulting playback sound is highly detailed, free of interference, accurately localized, richly expressive in the lower range, and beautifully faithful to its original sound.