Marantz PM KI Ruby Limited Edition
The KI Ruby Series Limited Edition
Celebrating 40 Years of Skill and Passion.
**in stock** **Free next day delivery**
• Collector‘s item
• Individually numbered
• Limited to 1.000 sets
For his 40 years ruby anniversary at Marantz, Ken Ishiwata and his daring team crafted these two audiophile gemstones with hand-selected and custom-made components to carry all the emotions of music. The KI Ruby Series is precision-made and virtuously tuned to deliver the most enjoyable sound to amplify your senses.
The PM-KI Ruby Amplifier.
The PM-KI Ruby is built with just one aim – audio performance – which is why it uses a fully discrete two-stage design with separate power supplies for the preamplifier and power amp section to reduce interference, and draws on the design of the flagship PM-10 amplifier with its moving coil/moving magnet phono stage and Marantz HDAM technology throughout for signal purity.
- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team led by Ken Ishiwata, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
- Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage using proprietary HDAM technology
- Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
- Generous output: 100W + 100W (8 ohm), 200W + 200W (4 ohm)
- Fully-discrete two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
- Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and precision sound
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with alldiscrete construction featuring HDAM-SA2
- Linear volume control with new electric volume system
- Laser-engraved ‘Ken Ishiwata’ signature and Ruby motif, marking Ken Ishiwata’s 40 years with Marantz
It’s all built on a vibration-resistant double layer chassis for rigidity, with 5mm thick aluminum top lid, solid aluminum front, copper plated chassis and massive insulators. It is equipped with high-quality nickel-plated input terminals and high-purity copper speaker connections.
The PM-KI Ruby features a current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry and a toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound. The HDAM® SA3 circuitry offers the cleanest signal path and optimal dynamics through the amplifier, which delivers 100W per channel into 8ohm speakers, or 200Wpc into 4ohm. The audio signal path is made entirely from discrete components for optimal quality, with the RIAA equalization split into passive and active components: RIAA correction is carried out by a Marantz HDAM, while the all-discrete amplification runs in minimum-distortion Class A.
The phono stage is designed to deliver optimal sound quality by simplifying the signal path, the Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ stage in the PM-KI amplifier can be used with both moving magnet and low-output moving coil cartridges, thanks to a built-in MC head amplifier.
Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the PM-KI Ruby amplifier has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. And it arrives bearing Ken Ishiwata’s signature and a special Ruby motif.