Marantz PM-12SE Special Edition Integrated Amplifier
The new Marantz PM12SE integrated amplifier circuitry offers the cleanest signal path through amplifier, which delivers 100W per channel into 8ohm speakers, or 200Wpc into 4ohm. And, its equipped high-quality nickel-plated copper input terminals, and high-purity copper speaker connections.
The purely analog design of the PM-12SE contributes to its noise-reduction structure and clean build: many rival designs are today including digital-to-analogue conversion, or adopting digital amplification and volume control, but Marantz keeps things as clean and simple as possible with its acclaimed all-analogue design. It may seem convenient to have a DAC in the amplifier, but digital circuitry is by its very nature, noisy (in the electrical sense) and can interfere with the delicate analogue signals passing through the amp. That's why Marantz chose to design its Premium Series range without any digital-to-analogue conversion, keeping its amplifiers as pure and clean as possible.
There’s also a Power Amp input, taking the signal straight from the input section to the power stage to let the unit work as a pure power amplifier.
- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team, drawing on more than 65 years of Marantz amplifier design knowledge
- Marantz high-resolution preamplifier stage with proprietary HDAM technology
- Switching power amplifier design derived from flagship PM-10 amplifier
- Generous output: 100W + 100W (into 8ohm), 200W + 200W (4ohm)
- Fully-discrete, two-stage design for signal purity, with separate power supplies for preamp and power amplifier sections to reduce interference
- Toroidal transformer dedicated to preamp for clarity and powerful sound
- Current feedback design with newly-developed wide-range circuitry
- HDAM® SA3 circuitry for clean signal and optimal dynamics
- MM/MC Phono input with new discrete Marantz Musical Premium Phono EQ circuit
- Thick nickel-plated copper independent input terminals for CD and Phono, plus Marantz-original high-quality/high-purity copper-plated speaker terminals
- Linear volume control with new electric volume system
- High-quality construction with double-layer chassis and solid aluminum front
- Purest Mode deactivates unused circuits for best audio performance
- High-grade, carefully selected audio parts: ultra-low leak current Schottky diodes, low noise complementary transistors, high-grade resistors, newly developed custom electrolytic capacitors, audio grade film capacitors and mica capacitors.