MOON 400M Mono Power Amplifiers (Pair)
Due to an agreement with the manufacturer, we are unable to sell this item online. However we may be able to deliver and install this unit for you so for further information please call us on 01925 828009
The MOON 400M is a differential mono power amplifier that produces 400 watts into 8Ω and 650 Watts into 4Ω. Based on Simaudio’s highly acclaimed Advanced Renaissance amplifier circuitry, the class A/AB, zero global feedback, DC-coupled 400M is capable of producing tight, deep and powerful bass with lightning fast speed. True high-performance in a compact package without compromise.
Extremely powerful, yet with a delicacy and articulation of the best amplifiers out there, the 400M can take on virtually any loudspeaker you connect it to.
Delivering a bottom-end slam, with authority and weight to the foundation of the music, the MOON 400M will transport you into a live concert environment. On the top end of the musical spectrum, the 400M delivers finesse, detail and refinement that can challenge your perception of reality vs. recorded music.
When used in conjunction with the 350P Preamplifier, the results are without equal. There isn’t a more refined combination at this price point. An ultimate combination for the discerning music lover, and for those who like to listen at higher sound levels.
Possessing a high damping factor, an incredibly low noise floor, excellent dynamic range and a transparent lifelike soundstage, the MOON 400M will effortlessly drive any loudspeaker. Even difficult loads will not impede its ability to remain exceedingly musical and accurate.
Simaudio’s unique heat-sink geometry allows for ultra-effective and efficient cooling. The amplifier’s oversized power supply contains a large proprietary toroidal transformer and substantial energy storage. Finally, with both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs, the MOON 400M represents the ultimate choice for performance and affordability.
- A “no overall feedback” design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting from feedback.
- Oversized power supply.
- Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics.
- Precision matched proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity, resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction.
- A high damping factor for superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed and refined timbre accuracy.
- Fully balanced differential circuitry.
- “Class A” output to 10 watts for greater efficiency.
- 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operations.
- RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates.
- Rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations.
- Optimized selection of very high quality electronic components
Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy.
- 400 watt output
- Slim design