SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer
Reference SVS subwoofers set the standard for bass with effortless low frequency extension, massive output and pinpoint accuracy and speed in transients. Featuring three game-changing innovations: a robust 16” driver with unprecedented 8” voice coil, 1,500 watts RMS, 5,000+ watts peak amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and ground breaking new SVS smartphone app for convenient DSP and control; the 16-Ultra Series are the ultimate reference standard for bass.
The ultimate reference standard for bass, the SVS SB16-Ultra features a massive 16” Ultra driver with astonishing 8” edge wound voice coil, a stunningly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and an innovative subwoofer control and DSP smartphone app with custom presets for precision tuning.
The new 16-Ultra Series are the biggest and most powerful SVS subwoofers ever built and the culmination of all SVS engineering advancements, but that’s only part of the story.
SVS designed a completely new driver, amplifier and cabinet, scrutinized every design element and pioneered 3 game-changing subwoofer innovations to achieve unprecedented output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response.
One of these innovations would’ve made the 16-Ultra Series an engineering tour-de-force, but the combination of 3 subwoofer firsts and all new driver, amplifier and control platforms propel the SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra into the pantheon of all-time great audio products.
Stunningly Powerful 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output.
Fully Discrete MOSFET Output from Highly Efficient Class D Sledge Amplifier
Robust 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFET’s provide the sonic muscle behind the astonishingly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power amplifier with fully discrete output. MOSFET output offers far superior power handling and tighter control when compared to the integrated circuit output stage found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
Sophisticated Analog Devices Audio DSP with Active Power Correction
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. The 16-Ultra Series subwoofers use the audio industry’s most advanced Analog Devices Audio DSP to handle the nearly limitless power so the perfect amount of low frequency energy is released at just the right time and just the right frequency. To ensure a steady flow of power, the amplifier uses an active Power Factor Correction (PFC) regulator to smooth input current to a clean and steady 360V DC, while using 30-50% less current than a subwoofer without PFC.
Groundbreaking New Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple® and Android® Devices.
Subwoofer Control and DSP Is Easier and More Convenient than Ever
The 16-Ultra subwoofer app is the most powerful bass management and subwoofer control app ever developed and the easiest way ever to adjust volume, crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other DSP functions. It also features convenient custom presets for one-touch tuning in any room or system, from your favourite seat.
Bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows control, even when the subwoofer is out of sight.
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20" (H) x 19.5" (W) x 20.1" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 20” (H) X 19.5” (W) X 22.9” (D)
- Shipped Dimensions: 24.9" H X 25.1" W X 30.3" D
- Weight (unboxed): 122 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 145.9 pounds
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord