Burmester 035 Preamplifier
Pickup available at Doug Brady HiFi
Usually ready in 1 hour
Burmester 035 Preamplifier
Doug Brady HiFi
Warrington WA1 3NU
The Burmester 035 preamplifier combines warm and natural sound with simple and user-friendly operation. Referencing its great predecessors in Burmester’s collection, the 035 has an excellent sonic signature with great attention to musical detail.
Its audiophile qualities owe much to its larger siblings in Burmester’s Reference and Top Line. The signal paths to the high-quality XLR outputs are balanced and short, which contributes to an excellent sonic signature with great attention to musical and dynamic detail.
- Front-to-back balanced circuitry
- Tone and balance regulation can be bridged completely
- Input impedance can be adjusted in the range of +/- 6 dB for each input
- Output voltage can be increased by 6 dB in the setup menu (for example when using output stages of other manufacturers)
- The circuitry is laid out so that not only the theoretical shortest signal path can be achieved, but also so that the wiring to the input and output sockets can be omitted.
- A top-quality dot-matrix display provides a well legible presentation of all operational conditions even from a greater distance
- Display can be switched off or dimmed in three stages
- Remote control 067 or 005 is available at a surcharge
- Optional phono module is located on the opposite side of the power supply in order to keep the hum pickup as low as possible
- Just as in the MC 2 of the 808, the signal processing in the phono module of the 035 is absolutely balanced and completely DC coupled
- The elaborate circuitry is discretely laid out
- Generously sized power supply: 50 VA transformer with overall 55 ,000 μF filtering
- Volume when switched on can be programmed
- Burmester output stages can be remotely controlled (on/off) by the 035
- New Burlink with RS - 232 and USB 2 . 0 interfaces for easy integration in CrestronTM or AMX® control systems -Easy handling of software updates
The housing is made from brushed aluminum and the front panel has been flawlessly chrome-plated, which is a signature Burmester design element to underscore timelessness and longevity of the components. The operating controls are all chrome-plated and impress with smooth performance. The clean and uncluttered lines of the preamp tie in with its easy and intuitive operation. Its sound quality is every bit as pleasing as its looks.
The 035 preamplifier offers uncompromising manufacturing and sound quality. Like all Burmester components it is assembled by hand in the Berlin factory. It is subjected to the same rigorous selection and quality control process as the Reference Line components.
||8 kg (17.6 lbs)
||482 mm (19“)
||96 mm (3.8“)
||336 mm (13.3“)
|Inputs||3 XLR / 2 RCA|
|Input phono||optional MM / MC|
|Outputs||1 XLR, 1 RCA, 1 Tape out (XLR)|
|Head phone jack||6.3 mm|
|Optional modules||Phono MC / MM, CD bal.|