Rega Planar 6 Turntable
Pickup also available at Doug Brady HiFi
Usually ready in 1 hour
Rega Planar 6 Turntable
With Ania Pro MC Cartridge / MATT POLARIS GREY
Doug Brady HiFi
Warrington WA1 3NU
By request we are not able ship this item.
Purchase options call 01925 828009
1. Reserve & Collect from store.
(This service will reserve in stock items for you so you can collect at you convenience)
Please click RESEREVE FOR COLLECTION and proceed to checkout.
Call us 01925 828009
The Rega Planar 6 is designed to be easy to set up in just a few minutes, however like all premium turntables it can benefit from an expert set up, when you visit our store we will happily do this for you. If required we may also be able install this unit for you so for further information please call us on 01925 828009
The Planar 6 has one goal, to reproduce your vinyl as accurately as possible. We have engineered every aspect of this turntable to extract as much detail from the vinyl surface as possible. Advanced materials and engineering solutions have been used throughout the design to ensure the greatest level of performance. The Neo PSU offers electronic speed change, advanced anti-vibration control and user adjustable electronic fine speed adjustment only found on the RP10 until now. See 'product details' tab below for full information.
The Planar 6 will be available with the recommended *Ania MC factory fitted as an attractive package.
*All images shown include the Ania MC, sold separately or factory fitted if required.
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra lightweight Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry). This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminum sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable....
- NEO power supply.
- Super lightweight foam core plinth.
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin.
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard.
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter.
- Single piece aluminium sub platter.
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley.
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub.
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight.
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- New smoked dust cover.
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet.
- Available with Ania MC cartridge factory fitted / Discount available when factory fitted.
Height 120mm (Dustcover closed)
Dimensions Neo PSU
*Due to an agreement with Rega, we are unable to deliver this unit by courier, however depending on your location we are able to offer installation for you on this item . Please contact us for further information about our free installation service 01925 828009.